Downtown Chicago is home to dozens of coffeeshops, pizza places, fast food, and an assortment of ethnic restaurants. You can find a full list at TravelWiki's guide to the Loop.
One North Wacker Drive is located just minutes away from dozens of hotels, hostels, and other accommodations in Chicago's downtown. Staying close to the venue will be convienant, but expensive. Remember the loop is very easy to get around and hotels are a bit cheaper in various areas.
- W Chicago City Center 172 W Adams St (312)332-1200. This outpost of the W Hotels chain is under the shadow of the Sears Tower, in the midst of the Loop, for a bit of stylish gloom at night. Rooms from $175.
- La Quinta Inn 1 S Franklin (312)558-1020. Nestled in the heart of Chicago's financial district, just two blocks from Sears Tower, the all-new La Quinta Inn and Suites Chicago Downtown offers convenient access to popular Chicago attractions. Rooms from $199.
- Hotel Allegro 171 W Randolph St (Clark/Lake Blue Line), (866)672-6143. This lovely, Art Deco hotel calls itself a boutique, probably in reference to its friendly, full four-star service, designer decorated rooms and prices that are the same, or just a little bit more than you would pay for a blander three-star place just north of the river. Suites and some rooms have a double jacuzzi. Rooms from $209.
Not as close, but cheaper
- Hostelling International Chicago 24 E Congress Pkwy (Library CTA, Jackson Red Line, LaSalle Blue Line), (312)360-0300. checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. No curfew, no age restrictions (under 18 must be accompanied by adult). Rates from $29.
- Congress Plaza Hotel 520 S Michigan Ave (Library CTA, Jackson Blue Line), (312)427-3800. The Congress Hotel has seen visits from most U.S. presidents since it was built in 1893. Today, other hotels have overtaken the Congress in the glamor class, leaving it behind as a great deal with a colorful past. Ask for a room with a view of the lake — if Buckingham Fountain is running, you will be treated to a magnificent view. The workers of the Congress hotel are currently engaged in the longest hotel strike in history. Rooms from $100.
- Hotel Blake 500 S Dearborn St (312)986-1234. Located across the street from Printer's Row, with an acclaimed restaurant in the lobby. Rooms from $169.